Goal 3: Tell the story of heritage preservation’s value to a broad range of Americans.
Use social, digital, and traditional media to reveal impacts in ways visual, savvy, and inclusive.
- Build www.preservation50.org into a dynamic and interactive web platform.
- Coproduce a television series and/or film to convey the value of preservation to a mass audience.
- Run a robust social media campaign, including through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram spotlighting the missions and works of all partners.
- Design and distribute an e-newsletter to broad and diverse stakeholders.
- Conduct a national photography contest to convey preservation’s power visually.
- Deploy Next Exit History, a historic places tourism app featuring 60,000+ historic sites.
- Develop compelling messages for diverse audiences in a traditional media campaign.
- Develop and deploy an inspiring brand and representative logos.
- Align brand with Super Bowl 50 to reach a broader demographic.
- Enlist recognized personalities to produce public service announcements.
- Host Making Archaeology Public Project (MAPP) videos about how archaeology improves public life.